The stated principles and rationale behind the creation of the Ortigas Center Association, Inc. (OCAI) are:
- the "advancement of the civic and commercial interest,"
- the "promotion of the general welfare, prosperity, service and reputation" and
- the "protection of the well-being" of the owners, lessees and tenants of the member buildings in Ortigas Center.
Established on October 6,1982, OCAI is a non-stock, non-profit
organization. It is commissioned to uphold the stature of Ortigas Center
as one of the nation's prime business districts. Its main task is the
effective implementation and monitoring of rules and regulations,
working hand-in-hand with the local governments of Pasig City,
Mandaluyong City and Quezon City in the pursuit of the following goals:
- To improve and safeguard the well-being of the membership and the public in general;
- To promote and protect the civic and commercial interests of the
membership by enhancing property values and by creating a healthy
- To foster harmony among the members and to cultivate a mutually beneficial relationship with the surrounding communities; and
- To establish a highly professionalized system of management.
Founding incorporators of the Association were: Rafael Ortigas, Jr.,
Manuel C. Lozano, Narciso Padilla, Ramon F. Cuervo, Jr., and Atty.
Eulogio R. Rodriguez.
Past OCAI presidents were: Rafael Ortigas , Jr. (1982-1985), Juan Ramos
(1985-1987), George S. Lee (1987-1991), Herbert T. Sy (1991-1994),
Carolina T. Young (1994-1997), William Tan-Untiong (1997-1999) Gloria C.
Cotoco(1999-2000), Jaime Dichavez (2000-2001), Glenn D. Ang
(2001-2004), Miguel Ortigas, Jr. (2004-2006) , Luz N. Cotoco
2006-2009, George Edwin Lee, Jr. (2009-2011), The current
president is Liza B. Silerio representing Shopping Center
Management Corp. (SM Megamall
At present, 186 member properties comprise OCAI. These properties are a
mixture of commercial and business establishments, corporate and
residential condominiums, as well as schools and churches, owned by some
of the leading companies from the business, commercial and real estate
OCAI covers the area bounded by Ortigas Avenue on the northeast, Meralco
Avenue on the east-southeast, Shaw Boulevard on the southwest and
Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA) on the northwest. Total area is
1,082,891.2 square meters, which falls under the jurisdiction of the
cities of Pasig, Mandaluyong and Quezon.
ORTIGAS CENTER ASSOCIATION, INC. (OCAI)
2/F OCAI Building
Garnet Road, Ortigas Center
Pasig City, Philippines
Tel: 634-4321/ 631-7212 Fax: 6357408